Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmastime Fundraising Question: Is the Heritage Foundation Supporting Jason Richwine and His Family?

By Nicholas Stix

I just got the following fundraising letter from Christie Fogarty, the director of membership at the Heritage Foundation, which threw America’s most talented young social scientist, Jason Richwine, under the bus last year. Heritage was sucking up to its enemies.

My response follows Christie’s letter. (Although I don’t know the lady from Eve, we seem to be on a first-name basis.)
 

-----Original Message-----
From: Christie Fogarty
To: add1dda
Sent: Mon, Dec 29, 2014 3:18 pm
Subject: Checking in
Hey Nicholas,

I wanted to check in to see if you'll be able to contribute towards Heritage's million dollar goal by the December 31 deadline.

Your gift will go straight to supporting your conservative principles in 2015. We're going to arm and equip the new Congress with the intellectual ammunition they need to win conservative victories. And we're going to work to move more and more Americans to our side.

You can make your year-end contribution here.

I hope you'll be able to stand with us by the end of the year. Thanks for your support, and have a very happy new year.

All my best,

Christie Fogarty
Director of Membership
The Heritage Foundation

P.S. The Heritage Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, so your gift by December 31 is tax-deductible.

The Heritage Foundation | 214 Massachusetts Avenue, NE | Washington, D.C. 20002 | (800) 546-2843
You are subscribed to Heritage Foundation e-mails as add1dda@aol.com. If you want to change your e-mail preferences, please click here to update your subscription.
 

Hey Christie,

How much of the million dollars is earmarked for the support of Jason Richwine and his family?

All my best,

Nicholas Stix

3 comments:

Glaivester said...

Uh - I don't see your response.


Unless the joke is that you threw away the letter. I know every time Heritage calls me or sends me a letter, I basically tell them I do not donate to cowards, and explain exactly what they did that made me not give to them.

Anonymous said...

I'm missing something here. You mention a reply posted below her email, but I am not seeing anything. Is there a link my admittedly poor eyes is not seeing?

Thank you

DJM

Nicholas said...

Glaivester,

What would I do without you, buddy?! I just added it, thanks to your reminder.

That's not the first time you bailed me out!

Thanks again.

With best New Year's wishes,

Nicholas