Wednesday, February 19, 2014

More on “the Dark Enlightenment”

By Nicholas Stix

Six months ago, I’d never heard this phrase. Now, it appears that it represents certain intellectual and political churnings of which I am a part.

It is better known by the terms, “the Dissident Right” (John Derbyshire) and “the Alternative Right.”

I prefer Derbyshire’s term, because it carries none of the paganist baggage of the other two, though I have never identified myself as a member of the “Right,” or any other hand, though I am certainly right-of-center.

Actually, the political phrasing “Left” and “Right” is not only outdated, but was never helpful, to begin with. Its half-life is one of communism’s many wonderful legacies. Though I have neither the time nor the space to get into this just now, depicting political positions on a Left-Right schema is intellectually and politically misleading.

“The Dark Enlightenment Part II”: Ex-Army Libertarian Nationalist.”

1 comment:

countenance said...

"Dark Enlightenment" is just another manufactured leftist dumbass phrase.

See also:

Food desert
School to prison pipeline
War on women
Progressive stack
Green collar jobs
Income inequality
Transphobia