Thursday, May 05, 2011

Is He, or isn’t He?

By Nicholas Stix

Tuesday morning, on Fox & Friends, Gretchen Carlson’s partner, Steve Doocy, claimed that there were equally good arguments for and against releasing pictures of the dead Osama bin Laden. (Actually, Fox News calls him “Usama bin Laden.” I guess they got their marching orders from CAIR.)

The argument against releasing the pix, according to him, was that “conspiracy theorists” will still deny that he’s dead. That sounds like something Barack Hussein “Obama” Dunham Soetoro—or even Al Sharpton—would say. If you’re going to use that as your rationale, why would you ever release anything?

As I walked up to my son’s school that afternoon, a huge Egyptian Moslem was heading towards me, on my left. We’ve known each other for about 13 years, first when he worked in a local deli. For the last 10 years or so, he’s driven a cab. We’ve long had friendly relations and greeted each other, and even occasionally shake hands. But as he neared me on Tuesday, he turned his head to his right, so he wouldn’t have to look at me.

I then took my son to the local pizzeria, to celebrate his having taken the first round of the New York State English Language Arts (ELA) test. The kid working the counter (I think his accent is Italian) asks me, “What do you think?” Just those four words.

I answer, “I’m waiting to see a picture.” He says, “Exactly!,” jabbing the air with his index finger. He thinks that someone just did this, in order to get re-elected. Having said the same thing, word-for-word, to my family, I couldn’t help but agree.

He says, "You're like me!"

Recall that this certain someone doesn't like killing terrorists, but instead prefers arresting and Mirandizing them. I guess he thought he'd do a George W. Bush imitation.

If they really killed him, there is no acceptable rationale for not releasing the pictures. And why dispose of the body in the ocean? One talking head went so far into Bizarro World as to claim that by dumping bin Laden's corpse in the ocean, they were respecting his religion. Wrong religion, chum! [Update: Apparently, this was one of the Administration's carefully thought out talking points.]

There is no precedent for killing America's greatest enemy and refusing to show the public the dead bad guy's picture.

If our guys really killed OBL, the refusal to release the pictures is consistent with the contempt that the usurper-in-chief has for the historic American people and America’s laws, the same contempt that drove him to spend millions of dollars and withhold showing his long form birth certificate for almost three years. Otherwise, it is simply due to this being a hoax of world historical proportions.

No comments: